Axe Throwing Monitor Coach (MC) – Fun, exciting environment with great opportunities
Sick of the daily grind? Try something new and exciting, join the Half Axe Team!
Half Axe is hiring MCs to lead group events at our facility in the APEX Center of New England, a premiere recreation and entertainment venue.
Competitive indoor axe throwing has surged in popularity since its inception over 10 years ago, expanding to dozens of major populated areas across the USA and Canada. Opening early 2018, Half Axe will be the first facility of its kind in Massachusetts providing its customers with the sport often described as extreme darts but larger.
Half Axe is a start-up business, founded in 2017 by a son and father during their return trip from Montreal. After the first “thunk” of the hatchet entering the bullseye, they were hooked. Soon, what started as a joke then slowly became a reality.
Half Axe hosts walk-in sessions, league play, reserved group sessions, and private functions – including bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate outings, fun nights out, and other similar events. Events are all fully staffed by our MCs providing coaching and practice as well as a fun and safe environment.
Half Axe is hiring responsible, excited MCs with No Previous Experience Throwing Axes Necessary!!! If you are outgoing, respectful, and responsible and/or have experience in hospitality, entertaining, or teaching, you would be an excellent candidate and will be trained how to throw and instruct.
The MCs purpose is to facilitate a fun, safe, and unforgettable experience for every customer while at Half Axe. The role fills many general aspects of customer interaction from the time they enter our facility to the time they leave.
- Safety – Ensure safety procedures are followed at all times by both customers and staff as well as make sure equipment and facility are up to our standards
- Instruction – Provide initial instruction and tips on throwing before and during sessions, making sure everyone has a fun time
- Game Mastery – Be knowledgeable of the game rule, regulations, and procedures to have tournaments run as smoothly as possible
- General Operations – Support the team as we grow and get the job done, no matter what it may be (sales, phone, cleaning, etc.)
- Being an Agent – Be the face of Half Axe, providing a fun and professional demeanor while at work as well as off hours.
- MUST be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to lift 30lbs
- American Red Cross First Aid Certification (we can arrange around this)
- Reliable transportation
- Love of axe throwing (even if you haven’t thrown an axe, we’re sure you’ll love it)
- Enthusiasm; show your excitement as a teacher and in sharing this new sport
- Leadership; being comfortable managing groups dynamically and taking charge
- Clear Communicator; speaking confidently, concisely, and clearly, genuinely liking to be around others and having a good sense of humor
- Initiative; not waiting to be told to do something, solving problems before they arise
- Team Player; encourage a sense of community in all staff and customers
- Has Experience; not particularly in axe throwing, but working in entertainment, recreation, and/or hospitality are all plusses
- Energetic and Reliable
Additional skills are always welcome, specifically social media, computer savviness, knowledge of tools, etc.
MCs will be paid a very competitive hourly wage with additional perks such as periodic free throwing sessions.
Huge opportunities for growth and promotion.
If interested, fill out the application linked at the top of this page and please email it back with your resume and/or cover letter to: